- A star is born! The Hubble Space Telescope captured images of a newly formed star 1,000 light years from Earth and it’s beautiful!
- I gotta get a copy of Dryer’s English: An Utterly Correct Guide to Clarity and Style by Benjamin Dryer (Random House) soon…it reminds me of a class I had in college, and for years I’ve tried to remember some of the tips I learned but couldn’t. This article reminded me of that class, so I’m super curious about the book now! (Pub date: January 29, 2019)
- I’ve heard about The Collected Schizophrenias: Essays by Esme Weijun Wang but it wasn’t really on my radar until I heard about it on the For Real podcast (Episode 24). Alice and Kim provided a link to an essay (that’s also featured in the book) and now I’m super curious! Here’s a link to that article.
- Weighted blankets are a hot topic these days. Have any of you tried them before? Thoughts? This review from The Stripe makes me wanna try one!
- Have you guys heard about the Amazon coat? I hadn’t either until I read this. It’s crazy how quickly something can become a trend!
- **One last shameless plug** I was a guest on Sarah’s Book Shelves Live podcast last week, and I still can’t get over how much fun it was! At first I was terrified, but Sarah made it so easy and I felt like I was chatting away on the phone with a good friend. I’d love if you checked out my episode here!
- All I can say about the Broken Harts podcast is…whoa. I cannot stop listening and only have a few more episodes to go. I’ll be heading here when I’m done for some more “behind the scenes” information.
- I’m loving this (new-to-me) podcast: For Real. It’s always a challenge for me to find great non-fiction reads, but this podcast has a lot of them!
- Since the Oscars are this weekend, I wanted to hurry up and watch Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s nominated for 5 Oscars and I can see why! It was amazing!
- Another movie earning a lot of Oscar buzz (with 8 nominations) is A Star Is Born. Equally amazing…I LOVE Lady Gaga anyway, so this was perfection. Have a couple of boxes handy (and yes, it’s totally worth all the tears!)