(#partner #freebooks: All books noted by asterisks (***) indicate I received the book for free from the publisher, the author, or another promotional company to review. All opinions are my own.)
I never stick to my TBR, but these are the books on my April radar that I’m looking forward to!
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by: Oyinkan Braithwaite (Doubleday) – Pub Date: November 20, 2018
- The hype on this one is real and I can’t wait to add my thoughts to the noise! It’s not big so it shouldn’t take long, if I’d just settle down and get it started!
- *** When We Left Cuba by: Chanel Cleeton (Berkley) – On Shelves: April 9, 2019
- I finished up Next Year in Havana last month (an all-time favorite read), so I’m ready to continue the story with a new Perez sister!
- *** Lost Roses by: Martha Hall Kelly (Ballantine) – On Shelves: April 9, 2019
- I loved Martha Hall Kelly’s first book, The Lilac Girls. I thought her writing was beautiful so I can’t imagine this one would be any different!
- The Liar’s Club by: Mary Karr (Viking) – Pub Date: June 1, 1995
- The podcast, From the Front Porch, announced this one as their Backlist Book Club read. I’ve been meaning to get to it forever so this is just the motivation I need!
- *** #IMomSoHard by: Kristin Hensley and Jen Smedley (HarperOne) – Pub Date: April 2, 2019
- I’m already a few pages into this one and I’m finding it LOL funny and so very relatable!
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by: Anissa Gray (Berkley) – Pub Date: February 19, 2019
- This book was everywhere a few months ago and I heard nothing but great things! I finally got my hands on a copy and I can’t wait to read what the hype was all about!
- *** The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World by: Melinda Gates (Flatiron) – On Shelves: April 23, 2019
- I have long admired the philanthropy efforts of the Gates Foundation. I also believe that empowering women will change the world, so I’m here for this one!
- The Girls at 17 Swann Street by: Tara Zgheib (St. Martin’s Press) – Pub Date: February 5, 2019
- Another book that was all over social media a few months ago, and again, I’m excited to read this one! Everyone seems to have great things to say about it, too!
- How to Make Friends with the Dark by: Kathleen Glasgow (Delacorte Press) – On Shelves: April 9, 2019
- I was a big fan of Girl in Pieces and when I saw this one was coming out, I immediately pre-ordered it. It deals with the grief of a mother – I can’t think of anything I’d (most likely) relate to more!
- Gingerbread by: Helen Oyeyemi (Random House) – Pub Date: March 5, 2019
- I’ve seen mixed reviews of this one. It seems like you either love it or hate it! I keep reading the synopsis and can’t help but feel like I’m going to land on the side of love (#fingerscrossed).
- How Hard Can It Be? (Kate Reddy, #2) by: Allison Pearson (St. Martin’s Press) – Pub Date: June 5, 2018)
- I swapped this book with someone else and I literally know nothing about it. I’m sure hoping one doesn’t have to read the first book to read this one…if you know, please let me know!
It’ll be interesting to see how close I stick to this list. What’s on your TBR for April?