(#partner #freebooks: All books noted by asterisks (**) indicate I received the book for free from the publisher, the author, or another promotional company to review. All opinions are my own.)
These monthly TBR posts are almost comical because I rarely stick to them. I’m such a mood reader, so while I list them here with the best of intentions, not all of them have made the cut by month’s end. 🤷🏼♀️
** The Farm by: Joanne Ramos (Random House) – On Shelves: May 7, 2019
- I’m all about books that push the boundaries of our thinking and this one promises to mess with your mind. Hosts live on the grounds of a retreat, all their needs (money, food, etc) met while they are pregnant. Once they give birth, the baby is given to a wealthy client. With themes of motherhood and privileged lifestyles vs those who have less, I hope this one delivers. I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews and DNFs but I’m hopeful I’ll enjoy it!
Beyond the Point by: Claire Gibson (William Morrow) – Pub Date: April 2, 2019
- I have yet to see a negative review for this one. I’m so glad I added it to my Book of the Month box last month!
Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story by: Jacob Tobia (Putnam) – Pub Date: March 5, 2019
- I still can’t believe I haven’t made the time for this one yet because it’s probably the one I want to read the most!
The Affairs of the Falcóns by: Melissa Rivero (ECCO) – Pub Date: April 2, 2019
- I started this one on audio and the writing was just too beautiful to miss so I ordered the book. It’s here now and I can’t wait to read it. I’ve only seen great reviews!
** Waisted by: Randy Susan Meyers (Atria) – On Shelves: May 21, 2019
- I don’t know much about this one, but I’m curious. I think this could be an interesting follow up to The Girls at 17 Swann Street which I read last month (my review here).
** What Matters Most: The Get Your Shit Together Guide to Wills, Money, Insurance, and Life’s “What Ifs” by: Chanel Reynolds (Harper Wave) – Pub Date: March 19, 2019
- Who doesn’t need help when it comes to wills and money? My husband and I are in a place where we’re wanting to review our options and I’m looking forward to the advice in this one!
** Necessary People by: Anna Pitoniak (Little, Brown and Company) – On Shelves: May 21, 2019
- Toxic female friendship? I’m intrigued. This is also a Book of the Month selection this month so I think it’s going to be showing up quite a bit soon!
The Mother-in-Law by: Sally Hepworth (St. Martin’s) – Pub Date: April 23, 2019
- This is another book I’ve seen mostly good reviews on. I’m not sure it’s much of a thriller; as I understand it, it’s more of a deep character study? I’m not sure, but I’m excited to get to it!
** The Flatshare by: Beth O’Leary (Flatiron) – Pub Date: April 18, 2019
- I think this one is going to be a great “brain candy” read, as my friend Sarah (Sarah’s Book Shelves) likes to call them. I usually refer to them as “palate cleansers” – just something light and easy and enjoyable, particularly after a dark and/or heavy read! Also, this is what summer/beach reading is all about!
** Nanaville: Adventures in Grandparenting by: Anna Quindlen (Random House) – Pub Date: April 23, 2019
- Like everyone else, I’m going to try to read this one quickly before Mother’s Day so I can pass it along to a grandma in my life!