In an effort to free up some bookshelf space, I’m going to be very picky about the books I’m reading. If they’re not working for me, I’m DNFing – #sorrynotsorry.
There are SO MANY books on my shelf that I somehow didn’t get to, so I really want to highlight some of those reads. (I’m looking at you The Feeding and Care of Ravenously Hungry Girls, Gingerbread, Recursion, The Current, Bowlaway…)
As the new year is almost upon us, I’m going to be doing some evaluation on what worked for me this year, what didn’t, and what I’d like to do differently in 2020. Mostly, things will stay the same (so don’t worry!), but as will everything else, change is good and necessary! Is there anything in particular you would like to see more of, less of, or anything else you would like me to know or be aware of? Please let me know!
- Plainsong by: Kent Haruf (Vintage) – Pub Date: September 21, 1999
- My IRL Book Club Selection
- The Stationary Shop by: Marjan Kamali (Gallery Books) – Pub Date: June 18, 2019
- My #HWRbooks read along selection for December!
- All That You Leave Behind: A Memoir by: Erin Lee Carr (Ballantine) – Pub Date: April 9, 2019
- Dominicana by: Angie Cruz (Flatiron) – Pub Date: September 3, 2019
- Necessary People by: Anna Pitoniak (Little, Brown) – Pub Date: May 21, 2019
- Recursion by: Blake Crouch (Crown) – Pub Date: June 11, 2019
- The Starless Sea by: Erin Morgenstern (Doubleday) – Pub Date: November 5, 2019
Also on my radar this month:
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by: Emily Nagoski & Amelia Nagoski (Ballantine) – Pub Date: March 26, 2019
- Such A Fun Age by: Kiley Reid (Putnam) – Pub Date: December 31, 2019
- All This Could Be Yours by: Jami Attenberg (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) – Pub Date: October 22, 2019
- The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott (Knopf) – Pub Date: September 3, 2019
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by: Anissa Gray (Berkley) – Pub Date: February 19, 2019
- Gingerbread by: Helen Oyeyemi (Riverhead) – Pub Date: March 5, 2019
- Severance by: Ling Ma (Farrar, Straus, & Giroux) – Pub Date: August 14, 2018
- The Current by: Tim Johnston (Algonquin) – Pub Date: January 22, 2019
- Bowlaway by: Elizabeth McCracken (ECCO) – Pub Date: February 5, 2019
- Once More We Saw Stars by: Jayson Greene (Knopf) – Pub Date: May 14, 2019
- Before We Were Yours by: Lisa Wingate (Ballantine) – Pub Date: June 6, 2017
What book(s) would you recommend that I absolutely have to read before we leave 2019?