I’m participating in the Unread Shelf Challenge hosted by Whitney at The Unread Shelf, and I learned a few things last month. First, I need a better system to track books in and out of the house. Next, I have to be more conscious of the books I’m acquiring if I’m ever going to tackle the amount of books on my shelves (you can’t have more coming in than going out in the quantities I had!). And last, getting to some of those books that have been on my shelf for awhile felt so good! I can’t wait to fine tune my skills so I can have that feeling of success when December 2020 comes to a close!
This month’s Unread Shelf Challenge is to read books gifted to you – from a friend/family member, a publisher, or any other source!
To help me whiddle down my books, I have a few categories I’d like to try to hit each month:
- A Backlist Title: The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding by: Jennifer Robson
- A BOTM Title: The Girl With the Louding Voice by: Abi Daré
- A Nonfiction Title: The Water Will Come: Rising Seas, Sinking Cities, and the Remaking of the Civilized World by: Jeff Goodell
- A NetGalley/Edelweiss Title: The Mountains Sing by: Nguyen Phan Que Mai
- A Memoir: There Will Be No Miracles Here by: Casey Gerald
- At least 2 physical ARCs:
- #HWRbooks: Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by: Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nogoski
Other books up for consideration:
- Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain
- Hollow Kingdom by: Kira Jane Buxton
- Darling Rose Gold by: Stephanie Wrobel
- Real Life by: Brandon Taylor
- When We Were Vikings by: Andrew David MacDonald
There you have it! What’s on your list of hopefuls for the month of February?