This year, I’m participating in Whitney’s Unread Shelf Project. The idea is to read the books you already own…that are already on your shelf! Towards the end of last year, I started feeling overwhelmed at the amount of books piling up on my shelves. I knew it was time to do something about it, so I commited a huge chunk of my 2020 reading towards that goal.
In January, I counted up all of the unread books on my shelf and the number shocked me. It was 417! By the end of the month, I had gone in the wrong direction…and my new number was 444! 🤦🏼♀️
Let’s just say that January gave me a HUGE WAKE-UP CALL!
As the first quarter of 2020 closes, I currently have 389 books on my shelves (after a major book donation to my local library)!
I am happy I’m moving in the right direction, but I can see that I still have a long ways to go before December ends.
January: Any Unread Books:
- Me by: Elton John
- The Library Book by: Susan Orlean
- The Wolf Wants In by: Laura McHugh
- The Garden of Small Beginnings by: Abbi Waxman (DNF)
- Maybe in Another Life by: Taylor Jenkins Reid (DNF)
February: Books Gifted To You:
- The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding by: Jennifer Robson
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by: Anissa Gray
- Burnout by: Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Big Lies in a Small Town by: Diane Chamberlain
- The Water Will Come by: Jeff Goodell
- There Will Be No Miracles Here by: Casey Gerald (DNF)
- Wyoming by: J.P. Gritton (DNF)
March: Books That Have Been On Your Shelf the Longest:
- From Scratch by: Tembi Locke
- Severance by: Ling Ma
- Hillbilly Elegy by: J.D. Vance
- 🎧 Make It Scream, Make It Burn by: Leslie Jamison
- Lab Girl by: Hope Jahren
- 🎧 The Witches Are Coming by: Lindy West
- Ninth House by: Leigh Bardugo
- The Simple Wild by: K.A. Tucker
That’s my update for the first quarter of 2020! I’m going to keep plugging away on the #unreadshelfproject2020!