Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme was originally created by Bionic Book Worm, and is now hosted by Meeghan Reads. Here is a list of her Top 5 Topics for November.
Here are the Top 5 books I hope to read before the end of the year!
- The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- In a year when anything related to immigration seems to be a hot topic, the title alone sounds like necessary reading. Its praises are being sung by so many in the #ownvoices community, so I am absolutely prioritizing this one!
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- Honestly, at this point I find it embarrassing that this one is still sitting on my unread shelf. It only seems appropriate to finish out the year with this book that is on everyone’s antiracist reading lists!
- The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen
- Even though this one is middle grade/YA, from the reviews I’ve read, it sounds like a good and important read.
- The All-Night Sun by Diane Zinna
- First of all, the cover of this book is gorgeous…so I’m hoping and praying the story is just as good so I can keep it on my shelves. I haven’t seen a lot of reviews, but the few I have seen seem to think this one has flown under the radar. I love a good underdog so I’m hoping this one pays off for me!
- Love After Love by Ingrid Persaud
- Another book that doesn’t seem to be everywhere but seems to be loved by the ones who’ve picked it up. Cindy (Book of Cinz), my go to expert for all Caribbean reads, loves this one, so I quickly added it to my TBR.