This month’s Unread Shelf Challenge for the Unread Shelf Challenge hosted by Whitney at The Unread Shelf is to read the shortest book on your self.
Not to continually buck the system, but instead of focusing on this particular prompt, I’m going to focus on reading as many ARCs as I can so that I can start the year as caught up as I can manage to get! I also want to read books that I may have missed throughout the year…so as to have the best Top 10 List I can for 2020! 😉
To help me whiddle down my books, I have a few categories I’d like to try to hit each month:
- A Backlist (BOTM) Title: Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
- A BOTM Title: The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan
- A Nonfiction Title: The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- A NetGalley/Edelweiss Title: *** Uncanny Valley by Anna Wiener
- A Memoir: *** This Is All I Got by Lauren Sandler
- At least 2 physical ARCs:
- *** The Lightness by Emily Temple
- *** Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman
Other books up for consideration:
- *** Afterlife by Julia Alvarez
- We Keep the Dead Close: A Murder at Harvard and a Half Century of Silence by Becky Cooper
- *** The Names We Take by Trace Kerr
- *** All My Mother’s Lovers by Ilana Masad
- *** Begin Again: James Baldwin’s America and Its Urgent Lessons for Our Own by Eddie S. Glaude, Jr.
- Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close by Aminatou Sow & Ann Friedman
- *** Wandering in Strange Lands: A Daughter in the Great Migration Reclaims Her Roots by Morgan Jerkins
- *** The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
- *** A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
- *** Conditional Citizens: On Belonging in America by Laila Lalami
What books are on your list of hopefuls for November?